Friday, September 7, 2012

A Moment to Remember




It was a nice day. A sunny and calm day of relaxation was all that I needed to recollect my thoughts of my relationship with her. She was the one I believed I would take to my side in a pearl, white dress the day of our wedding. She was beautiful. She was kind—that kind of generosity that could only come from a newlywed future mother of my children. Lastly, she was the one who had the grace of an angel with an aurora of golden rays and a trail of feathers which always seemed to hug her body as she soared across a world of blasphemy that indeed turned into faithfulness as soon as she set foot on it.
It was time for me to finally propose to her but I hesitated. What would a lonely shmuck like me look like if I asked? The question will come in time. At least this time I will make it worth the wait.
I was about to board my boat. My vessel of destiny awaited and was about to leave in twenty minutes. Where was I headed?—fate would decide that and, as far as this contemplated proposal, it was to wait. If things were meant to be than they are to happen soon. It seems that they were cause she was about to board the boat adjacent to mine yet I hadn’t found out where it was going.
She was there leaning on the railing probably pondering the fact that I hadn’t taken my eyes off of her. The minute I looked away to check my cell phone for the time she was gone.
The boat was a streamliner black with a big red stripe that bared the word ENTERPRISE in big capital letters. The ship was crowded but on my level there were only a few people casually talking to each other. I made it a point to not get involved with anyone else’s affairs and I didn’t.
The clear water was calm with a few ripples here and there. There were a few fishermen across the delta but I found it hard to believe that they could catch any fish because of the ships being as loud as they are. There was a patch of fish I noticed by the docks but the fisherman weren’t aware of them.
I turned to look at the blank spot where I had thought she was and she was reappeared at the opposite railing.  Her back was turned so I couldn’t see the expression on her face. My chances of asking her at this point were zero to none it seemed. Then she turned and left. I was disappointed. The look on my face could have been compared to the look on a little boy’s face when he had lost his dog for the first time and it was far from the opposite.
I remembered her eyes which were a mahogany brown and her medium, thick, black eyeliner accentuated them. Also, her hair which was also a maple shade of brown similar to her eyes and she had some sort of red highlights. Oh, how much I would give just to know her name.
I turned to look again and there she was. Our eyes met each other like the sunset meets the ocean and I waved. She returned the favor and added a blown kiss. The familiarity heightened and I was getting a case of Déjà vu. She yelled across the sky. Her words like stars glimmering in the sunset. 
“How are you?”  She asked.
“I’m doing pretty well” I answered.
She then exclaimed to call her some time but I replied that I haven’t had her number let alone her name. she then said that I do and that we’ve known each other longer than I realized. I knew that we hadn’t met before this so what was she talking about? I had to have her name before my boat left so I asked.
“Don’t worry you know how to find out just look into your heart.” She waived me goodbye and her boat started to depart.  The fog horn let loose and my boat also began to set sail.
“Wait for me if you will,” I answered.
She said “I will” and I reached out to meet her hand on the other boat but it was too long of a gap. We both reached out and the fog horn let loose once more.
I opened my eyes and I was lying in my bed. I looked at the time, turned off my alarm and realized was time for church. I better start to get ready. And I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment