Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pleased to eat you (old)

One late afternoon on a warm summers day as I enter my room on the bed there she lay, covered in pedals of roses I’d add, and the lights were as dim as the hue was too sad, but the night was still young and she started to greet, please do come in, stay awhile, take a seat, still I sensed a danger, one thing was awry, it was a full moon but no stars in the sky, I turned and looked down and she remained on the bed, I let down my guard and stood by her instead, she knelt down before me and was sobbing a storm, when I asked her what’s wrong she said it was mourn, for her late husband who with the benefit of the doubt was killed on this day three years ago, about, I said it’s okay, I’ll be here for you, then she stood up, she said that won’t do, you see I’m not the person you think, I’m not just a woman and before I  could blink, the lights all went out and I was no longer secure, for she whispered to me in a soft feline purr, I’m human by day but by night I am feared, my husband was first, pleased to eat you, my dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment